Voting on Final Ballot Begins May 25
The finalists have been determined for CMA’s touring industry honors known as the SRO (Standing Room Only) Awards and the final ballot will be emailed to voters tomorrow, Friday, May 25.
Ballots will be sent to CMA members in the following categories: Affiliated, Artist, Engineer, Entertainment Services, Musician, Personal Manager, Publicist, Record Label, Talent Agent, Talent Buyer/Promoter, TV/Video/Media, and Venue. Final voting for the SRO Awards will take place online from May 25-June 11. Ballots will be tabulated by the international accounting firm Deloitte & Touche, LLP.
Finalists were determined during the first step of the balloting process when voters submitted nominations in each category.
CMA’s SRO Awards 2012 Final Nominees are as follows (in alphabetical order):
Business Manager of the Year
- Jamie Cheek (Flood, Bumstead, McCready & McCarthy, Inc.)
- Mary Ann McCready (Flood, Bumstead, McCready & McCarthy, Inc.)
- Dwight Wiles (Smith, Wiles & Co., P.C.)
Coach/Truck Driver of the Year
- Ken Lyons (Dierks Bentley)
- Herschel Shelton (Eric Church)
- John Stalder (Kenny Chesney)
FOH (Front of House) Engineer
- John McBride (Martina McBride)
- Brent Sparks (Eric Church)
- Chris Stephens (Jason Aldean)
Lighting Director of the Year
- Ryan Hodge (Eric Church)
- Aaron Swetland (Jason Aldean)
- Mike Swinford (UpLate Design, Inc.)
Manager of the Year
- Narvel Blackstock (Starstruck Entertainment)
- Clint Higham (Morris Artists Management)
- Clarence Spalding (Spalding Entertainment)
Monitor Engineer of the Year
- Robert Bull (Clair Bros. Audio Entertainment, Inc.)
- Mark Earp (Eric Church)
- Evan Richner (Jason Aldean)
Production Manager of the Year
- Marshall Alexander (Eric Church)
- John Fritz (Jason Aldean)
- Ed Wannebo (Kenny Chesney)
Publicist of the Year
- Mary Hilliard Harrington (The Green Room PR)
- Marilyn Laverty (Shore Fire Media)
- Ebie McFarland (Essential Broadcast Media, LLC)
Talent Agent of the Year
- Mike Betterton (Dale Morris & Associates, Inc.)
- Greg Oswald (William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, LLC)
- Jay Williams (William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, LLC)
Tour Caterer of the Year
- Dega Catering
- Hightopps Catering
- TomKats Catering
Tour Manager of the Year
- Todd Bunch (Eric Church)
- David Farmer (Kenny Chesney)
- David Milam (Toby Keith)
Touring Musician of the Year
- Nick Hoffman (Kenny Chesney)
- Myron Howell (Jake Owen)
- Driver Williams (Eric Church)
Venue of the Year
- Alabama Theater (North Myrtle Beach, S.C.)
- Bridgestone Arena (Nashville, Tenn.)
- Ryman Auditorium (Nashville, Tenn.)
Video Director of the Year
- Trey Fanjoy (Big Feather)
- Shaun Silva (Tacklebox Films)
- Peter Zavadil (Tailight TV)
An individual or company cannot win two consecutive years in the same category.
The SRO Awards were originally created by the CMA Board of Directors in 1990 to honor outstanding professional achievement within the touring industry.
The first SRO Awards were presented at a black tie gala, hosted by K.T. Oslin and Roger Miller, during CMA’s Entertainment Expo, which was also known as the Talent Buyers Entertainment Marketplace. Ten SRO Awards were presented at the first gala and the number of awards swelled to 19 before the last were handed out at SRO ’97. Last year, the Touring Musician of the Year Award was once again presented, with 13 additional categories returning this year.
The 2012 SRO Awards will be presented later this year during Country Music Month in October.
The Country Music Association: More than 11,000 music industry professionals and companies around the globe are members of CMA. Formed in 1958 as the first trade association for a single genre of music, the organization’s objectives are to serve as an educational and professional resource for the industry while advancing the growth of Country Music around the world. This is accomplished through CMA’s strategic imperatives – CMA Music Festival and the companion CMA Music Festival television special; “Country Music’s Biggest Night™,” the CMA Awards; and CMA’s latest television venture “CMA Country Christmas.” All of CMA’s TV properties air on the ABC Television Network through 2021. For information about CMA visit www.CMAworld.com.