Last Modified Date: April 1, 2023
- Minors Through the Sites and Events, CMA does not intentionally gather Personal Information about visitors who are under the age of 16. If a child has provided us with Personal Information, a parent or guardian of that child may contact us to have the information deleted from our records. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under age 16, please contact us at via the methods described in the below Contact Us section. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected the Personal Information of a child under 16, or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
- Personal Information CMA Collects:
- 2.2 Personal Information That CMA Automatically Collects Through the Sites and the Applications. In addition to Personal Information that you directly and voluntarily provide to us, CMA may automatically collect Personal Information about you when you use the Sites. CMA may automatically collect the Personal Information described below from you the following ways:
- 2.2.1 Web Browsers. CMA may automatically gather Personal Information about you that your web browser, depending on your settings, may make available to us. This information includes your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, operating system, and browser type. CMA may also automatically gather Personal Information on the means in which you got to the Sites. This information includes device used (mobile, desktop, tablet), source type (direct, search engine, referral), referral source (URL, social network, or advertisement referred from), and Google search query.
- 2.2.2 Third Party Cookies
- Type of web browser used, software manufacture and version number.
- Type of operating system
- Color processing ability of the users screen
- Flash version
- Screen resolution
- Network location and IP address
- Country, city, state, region, county, or any other geographic data
- Bandwidth (internet connection speed)
- Time of visit
- Pages visited
- Time spent on each page of the website
- Referring site statistics
- The website the user came through in order to arrive at the Sites
- Search engine query used
The Personal Information collected by Google Analytics is primarily used to optimize the Sites for CMA’s users; however, CMA may also use this data for marketing purposes.
The Personal Information CMA automatically collects using Google Analytics is shared with Google. For more information on Google’s Privacy Policies, visit: https://policies.google.com/privacy. You can also opt-out of having your Personal Information used by Google Analytics by following the instructions located at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
CMA also uses Google Analytics for Display and Search Advertising and, specifically, Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting, on the Sites to help CMA display advertising for products or services that CMA thinks may be of interest to you. CMA will use demographic information CMA collects through CMA’s use of Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting for purposes of performing internal statistical analytics relating to the Sites. You can opt-out of receiving interest-based advertisements through the Sites, as well as customize the types of advertisements that will be displayed to you through the Sites, by following the instructions located at https://support.google.com/ads.
- 22.214.171.124 Facebook Pixels. We use the “visitor action pixels” from Facebook Inc. on our Sites.This allows user specific behavior to be tracked after they have been redirected to the advertiser’s website by clicking on a Facebook ad. This enables us to measure the effectiveness of Facebook ads for statistical and market research purposes. The data collected in this way is anonymous to us, in other words, we do not see the personal information of individual users. This data is stored and processed by Facebook. Facebook may link this information to your Facebook account and also use it for its own promotional purposes, in accordance with Facebook’s Data Usage Policy https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/.You can regulate the collection of your data by Facebook pixel, or to the use of your data for the purpose of displaying Facebook ads by visiting the following address: https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=ads.
- 2.2.3 Location Services. If you access the Sites through a mobile device, CMA may request that you share your mobile device’s location information. You may choose not to share your mobile device’s location information with us, as well by adjusting your mobile device’s location services settings. For instructions on changing the relevant settings, please contact your service provider or device manufacturer.
- 2.3 Personal Information That CMA Collects Through Third Parties, Service Providers, and Contractors. You may purchase tickets to CMA Events via links to third parties, service providers, and contractors such as Nissan Stadium Tickets, Bridgestone Arena Tickets, Ticketmaster, Stubhub, or other similar venues. CMA receives Personal Information from these third parties to verify and facilitate your participation in CMA Events. CMA may use and combine this Personal Information with other information for analytics and marketing to you. For more information regarding your marketing rights, please see the below Section 6.2.
- Information You Post on the CMA Sites or the Apps. Some portions of the Sites may allow you to submit comments, ratings and other information which may be displayed on the Sites or the Apps and viewed by others. Public submissions to these Sites or Apps may be archived by CMA. Please do not post any information, including Personal Information, on the Sites that you do not want to make available to other users of the Sites or the public generally (“Unsolicited Information”). All Unsolicited Information shall be deemed to be non-confidential and we shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose and distribute such Unsolicited Information to others without limitation or attribution pursuant to the CMA Terms of Service. Please take care and avoid providing us or third parties with any Personal Information through such public forums. For the avoidance of doubt, the definition of Unsolicited Information shall not include any information you volunteer to us through our customer service channels, as necessary for us to provide you with products or services. YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS OF PRIVACY OR OTHER HARM RESULTING FROM UNSOLICITED INFORMATION YOU POST ON THE SITES OR THE APPS.
- Contests, Promotions, and Sweepstakes. We occasionally offer sweepstakes, contests, and promotions (“Promotional Event(s)”) which require you to provide us or our Promotional Event partners with Personal Information. To participate in these Promotional Events, which may be online, via social media, or in person, we may require you to register and provide us with Personal Information, such as your name and email address. Some Promotional Events we advertise may be administered by third parties who would collect your information, and you should review the privacy policies of the administering party to understand how your data is used and protected by them. In Promotional Events we offer, we will use the Personal Information you provide us for purposes including administering the Promotional Event, subscription to our newsletter, and other purposes disclosed at the time of registration. You should carefully review the Official Rules of any Promotional Event in which you participate, including any option to opt-out of receiving special offers and marketing material by unchecking the appropriate box when registering for Promotional Events. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us via the Contact Us section below.
- How CMA Uses Your Information. CMA uses Personal Information gathered through the Sites and Events to better understand how the Sites and Events are being used. By identifying patterns and trends in usage, CMA is able to better design the Sites and Events to improve your experiences, both in terms of content and ease of use. CMA may also use this information to contact and communicate with you, including to send you information about products or services that might be of interest to you and to respond to your communications and requests. CMA may link Personal Information we gather automatically from you with Personal Information that CMA directly collects from you through the Sites and Events.
- 7.1 Your Personal Information may be used by CMA for the following reasons:
- 7.1.1 The Personal Information used is necessary for us to provide you with Marketing Messaging. (for example, your email address)
- 7.1.2 The Personal Information used is necessary for us to provide you with Personalized Messaging. (for example, first and last name)
- 7.1.3 The Personal Information used is necessary for us to verify your identity so we can provide you with access to Ticketed CMA Events and Experiences. (for example, your date of birth)
- 7.1.4 The Personal Information used is necessary for you to participate in Contests, Sweepstakes, and other CMA Fan Experiences. (for example, your street address)
- 7.1.5 The Personal Information used is necessary for you to purchase Official CMA Merchandise or Tickets to CMA Events. (for example, your debit/credit card information)
- 7.1.6 The Personal Information used is necessary for you to work with CMA as an employee, third-party processor, or third-party service provider. (for example, your SSN/business ID number)
- 7.1.7 The Personal Information used is necessary for the purpose of marketing our products and services. We use your Personal Information, such as contact data and other metadata about how you use the products and services to send promotional communications that may be of specific interest to you, including by email and by displaying CMA marketing communications on other organizations’ websites and applications, as well as on third-party platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Google. These communications are aimed at encouraging engagement and maximizing the benefits that you and your organization can gain from CMA’s products and services, including information about new products and features, survey requests, newsletters, and events that we think may be of interest to you.
- 7.1.8 The Personal Information used is necessary for the purpose of analyzing, predicting, and improving results and operations. We use Personal Information to analyze and predict results (such as those arising from our sales and marketing efforts and product usage and consumption), improve the performance of our Sites, products and services and customer support, identify potential customers, opportunities, and potential new business areas, ascertain trends, improve our websites’ functionality, improve our security, and provide us with general business intelligence, including through the use of machine learning technology. We may also combine the metadata and usage information collected from our websites with other information to help further the purposes described in the previous sentence.
- 7.2 Marketing Communications. CMA may email you about products and services that we believe may be of interest to you. If you wish to opt-out of receiving marketing materials from us, please follow the instructions contained in each email you receive from us describing how you can opt-out of receiving further marketing communications from us.
- 7.1 Your Personal Information may be used by CMA for the following reasons:
- How CMA Shares Your Information with Third Parties. CMA will not disclose your information to third parties unless we obtain your permission to do so, except as set forth below:
- 8.3 Advertising and Marketing Partners. We share your Personal Information, such as metadata and contact data, with third-party advertising and marketing providers, to allow us to better reach our customers and prospective customers, and to sell our products and services. In some circumstances, we may ask you to consent to directly disclosing your Personal Information with these third parties prior to sharing your Personal Information, such as via a consent banner on our website.
- 8.5 Responding to Legal Orders; Protection of CMA Rights and to Comply with CMA Policies. To the extent permitted by law, CMA will disclose your information to government authorities or third parties if: (a) required to do so by law, including in response to a court order, subpoena or other legal process; (b) CMA believes in its sole discretion that disclosure is necessary to protect against fraud, to protect the rights of CMA or other users, third parties or the public at large; or (c) CMA believes that you have abused the Sites or the Events by using them to attack other systems or to gain unauthorized access to any other system, to send unauthorized or illegal communications (such as “spamming”) or otherwise to violate applicable laws. After disclosure to any third party, your information may be accessible by others as permitted or required by applicable law.
- 8.7 Anonymous, Aggregated Information. CMA may share information relating to users of the Sites or the Events with affiliated or unaffiliated third parties on an anonymous, aggregated basis. This information is collected and analysed for the purpose of better understanding the Country Music consumer, their interests, and how they interact with CMA Sites, Events, and brands.
- United States Consumer Rights & Transparency.
- 10.1 California Civil Code Section 1798.83. A California resident who has provided personal information to a business with whom he/she has established a business relationship for personal, family, or household purposes (“California customer”) is entitled to request information about whether the business has disclosed personal information to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. In general, if the business has made such a disclosure of personal information, upon receipt of a request by a California customer, the business is required to provide a list of all third parties to whom Personal Information was disclosed in the preceding calendar year, as well as a list of the categories of Personal Information that were disclosed.
- 11.1 Personal Data Collected. While CMA may sponsor or comarket with events outside of the United States, no Personal Data is transferred to CMA with regard to these events. However, we may obtain Personal Data directly from you by signing up for our newsletters, browsing our Sites, or inquiring about the Sites and Events.
- 11.2 Consumer Rights. Data Subjects may have the following rights under the GDPR:
- Right of Access: You have the right to obtain confirmation from us as to whether or not we process Personal Data from you, and you also have the right to at any time obtain access to your Personal Data stored by us.
- Right to Rectification: If we process your Personal Data, we use reasonable measures to ensure that your Personal Data is accurate and up-to-date for the purposes for which your Personal Data was collected. If your Personal Data is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to require us to correct it.
- Right to Erasure: You may have the right to require us to delete your Personal Data.
- Right to Restrict Processing: You may have the right to request the restriction or suppression of Personal Data.
- Right to Withdraw Consent: If you have given your consent to the processing of your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on the consent before the withdrawal.
- Right to Data Portability: You may have the right to receive the Personal Data concerning you and which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to transmit this data to another controller.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint with Supervisory Authority: You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority located in the European Union or UK. Further information about how to contact your local data protection authority is available on the European Commission’s website.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as set forth in the Contact Us section below. CMA will process such requests in accordance with applicable law.
- 11.3 Choices under GDPR.
Data Subjects have the right to opt out of (a) disclosures of their Personal Data to third parties not identified at the time of collection or subsequently authorized, and (b) uses of Personal Data for purposes materially different from those disclosed at the time of collection or subsequently authorized. Data Subjects who wish to limit the use or disclosure of their Personal Data should please contact us as set forth in the Contact Us section below. We will cooperate with Data Subjects’ instructions regarding Data Subjects’ choices.
- 11.5 We may use automated decision making technologies, including profiling, to support our data processing activities. Our automated decision making capabilities include logic that attempts to identify artists, music, communications, products, or offers that we believe may interest you. By using this logic, it helps us personalize your interactions with CMA and CMA Affiliates. For you, this means that you may see online advertisements, direct marketing communications (if you have subscribed), or other advertising or marketing messages or special offers based on your activity on our Sites or interactions with CMA Companies or our third party partners.
- 11.6.1 transferring personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission; or
- 11.6.2 using specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe;
CMA may disclose Personal Data to subcontractors and third-party agents. Before disclosing Personal Data to a subcontractor or third-party agent, we will obtain assurances by contractual agreement from the recipient that it will: (i) transfer such data only for limited and specified purposes; (ii) ascertain that the subcontractor or third-party agent is obligated to provide at least the same level of privacy protection as is required by the GDPR; (iii) take reasonable and appropriate steps to ensure that subcontractors and third-party agents effectively process the Personal Data transferred in a manner consistent with the organization’s obligations under the GDPR; (iv) require subcontractors and third-party agents to notify the organization if it makes a determination that it can no longer meet its obligation to provide the same level of protection as is required by the GDPR; (v) upon notice, including under (iv), take reasonable and appropriate steps to stop and remediate unauthorized processing; and (vi) provide a summary or a representative copy of the relevant privacy provisions of its contract with subcontractors and third-party agents to the Supervisory Authorities upon request.
CMA also may be required to disclose, and may disclose, Personal Data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including for the purpose of meeting national security or law enforcement requirements, or in the event of a merger or acquisition.
- 11.7 Security Measures To Protect Your Personal Data. CMA uses industry standard data protection protocols to protect your data.
- 12.2 PIPEDA Principle 9 – Individual Access. Individuals have the following privacy rights under the PIPEDA:
- 12.2.1 Right of Access. Upon request, CMA must inform you whether or not we hold Personal Information about you and the source of this information. You also have the right to request an account of the use that has been made or is being made of your Personal Information and an account of the third parties to which it has been disclosed.
- 12.2.2 Right to Challenge Accuracy and Completeness. If you have successfully demonstrated the inaccuracy or incompleteness of your Personal Information, we will amend the information as required, and where appropriate, transmit the amended information to third parties with whom we have shared or disclosed the information in question. Depending upon the nature of the Personal Information challenged, we may either correct, delete, or add additional information to the information in question. If we are unable to resolve your challenge to your satisfaction, we will record the substance of the unresolved challenge, and when appropriate, transmit the unresolved challenge to third parties with whom we have shared or disclosed the information in question.
- 12.2.3 Right to Data Portability. You may have the right to receive your requested information in a reasonable time and at a minimal or no cost to you, and in a form that is a generally understandable.
- 12.2.4 Right to Withdraw Consent. If you have given your consent to the processing of your Personal Information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on the consent before the withdrawal.
- 12.3 PIPEDA Principle 10 – Challenging Compliance. You have the right to make inquiries or lodge complaints concerning CMA’s compliance with any of the Principles under PIPEDA. You may contact them as specified in the Contact Information section below with a reference to “PIPEDA Complaint.” Upon contact, they will inform you of CMA’s relevant complaint procedures, including any regulatory handling practices.
- 12.4 Commercial Electronic Messages (“CEM”) in Canada. Canada’s Anti-Spam Law requires that the CMA obtain the express consent of Canadian citizens before sending an electronic message such as an email that contains a promotion about our products. We will ask you for your explicit consent when you provide us with your email address or other personal information through which we intend to encourage your participation in a commercial activity, such as a promotion for our products. If you explicitly consent to receiving CEM, each communication sent to you will contain an option to unsubscribe to the communications or to revoke your consent to receive CEM. Alternatively, you can contact us at the address or email provided in the “Contact and Electronic Communications” section to be removed from our mailing lists.
If you would like to exercise your Canadian privacy rights, please contact us as specified in the Contact Information section with a reference to “Canada.”
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call us toll-free at 1-800-998-4636